- Provides leadership in the management and administration of the processing division to ensure the most efficient and highest quality production.
- Provides consultation and direction necessary to enable departments to meet their operational objectives.
- Helps develop and carry out strategic plans and programs in processing to produce the most profitable product mix and stable sales program.
- Supervises and directs the programs and activities of plant department heads.
- Develops, coordinates and follows through on strategic operational plans.
- Works with Division Manager in assessing and action planning organization design in maintaining the most efficient and effective organization arrangement.
- Selects and terminates department managers and other immediate subordinates.
- Reviews on a daily basis reports on yield, grade, inventory and other cost reports to ensure awareness of any deviation from the norm and to spot trends and make necessary adjustments.
- Reviews, evaluates and approves departmental budgets to insure their compatibility with division goals and objectives.
- Implements corrective actions for substandard performance in each department.
- Provides Division Manager with reports and information as necessary or required that will enable a critical review of the processing operations and to provide constructive advice for improvement.
- Formulates and oversees development of short and long term strategic plans for the processing division.
- Clarifies and works toward explicit understanding of Sanderson Farms’ policies and procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates weekly & monthly reports.
- Participates with Sales Manager in scheduling customer visits for prospective customers.
- Establishes and maintains an effective employee relations climate as well as safety consciousness.
- Maintains high level awareness of trends in the poultry industry.
- Actively pursues acquisition of information and/or skills related to the management of processing division and related services.
- Represents Sanderson Farms in industry groups, governmental bodies as well as community groups.
- Maintains current awareness of governmental regulations as well as possible new legislation affecting the poultry industry.
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in Poultry Science, Business Administration, or related area or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Five years management experience in poultry processing or equivalent