Featured Employment Opportunity
Internships with Sanderson Farms
Our Summer Internships offer you the chance to become part of our team. As an Intern, you’ll be employed in one of our key areas: Live Production, Processing or the Foods Division. Just a few of the opportunities include hatchery operations, live haul, live receiving, slaughter operations, and shipping.
Upon graduation, many interns proceed to our Beginning Trainee Program where you will be exposed to every aspect of our business, from sales and accounting to processing. As a Trainee, you’ll work with some of the best and brightest in the industry there to help you discover the best career path suited for your personal talents.
The deadline to apply for the summer internship is April 1st. No resumes will be accepted after the deadline.
Internships are for 10 weeks, beginning the first Monday in June and ending the second Friday of August.
As a Summer Intern, you will be provided with:
- A highly qualified supervisor who will serve as your mentor.
- The necessary training that will challenge you to “think outside of the box.”
- Hourly pay of $12 for a 40-hour work week.
- Regular feedback and evaluations so you can improve your performance on the job.
- A safe and secure work environment.
- Rewarding and challenging work.
- The opportunity to move into our Beginning Trainee Program.
To learn more about internships at Sanderson Farms, please download a brochure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I get paid for the Internship?
A: Yes. You will be paid $12 an hour for a maximum 40-hour workweek.
Q: Do you cover living expenses?
A: Living expenses, including housing, food and transportation are the intern’s responsibility.
Q: Where will I be working?
A: During the 10-week program you will be exposed to all the elements of our operations.