Grilled Chicken and Hummus Pitas
2 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 whole wheat pita halves
6 tablespoons prepared hummus, divided
Chopped fresh tomato, to taste
Chopped cucumber, to taste
12 tablespoons plain low fat yogurt, divided
1. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and black pepper in a small bowl.
2. Season chicken with black pepper.
3. Place chicken breast fillets in a small sealable plastic bag. Pour olive oil mixture in bag with chicken. Mix well and seal.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Brush grill grate with oil.
6. Preheat grill for 10 minutes.
7. Grill chicken on one side for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and grill for 5 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
8. Dice cooked chicken into 1/2 inch dices.
9. To assemble each chicken pita, spread 1 tablespoon hummus inside pita bread. Spoon 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped tomato, chopped cucumbers and top with 2 tablespoons yogurt.
Yield: 6 servings