Spaghetti with Chicken Drumsticks
8 broiler-fryer chicken drumsticks
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
1. In 2-quart shallow baking dish, place sliced mushrooms in single layer.
2. Separate sliced onion into rings and arrange over mushrooms.
3. Place drumsticks on top of onion and sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, oregano and basil.
4. Drain juice from tomatoes and pour juice over chicken. Mash tomatoes with a fork or place in processor or blender container and process about 15 seconds; pour over drumsticks.
5. Pour canned tomato sauce over all, covering drumsticks well. Place baking dish on a sided cookie sheet and bake in 400°F. oven about 1 hour or until for can be inserted in chicken with ease.
6. Serve over cooked spaghetti.
Yield: makes 4 servings.
Protein: 39.2 grams
Total Fat: 14.4 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 60 grams
Cholesterol: 118 milligrams
Sodium: 1248 milligrams
Courtesy of National Chicken Council.