Baked Chicken Flautas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Spice up your weeknight with these Mexican-style chicken flautas that are sure to please everyone’s taste buds. You can substitute corn tortillas for flour tortillas to personalize this recipe.
Saturated Fat: 5g
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place chicken thighs in a 12-inch skillet with broth. Bring to a boil, cover then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken from pan leaving the broth. Shred Chicken.
- Add taco seasoning, cumin and salt to chicken. Mix and set aside.
- Add spinach to the broth in pan. Cook spinach to wilt for 2-3 minutes. Drain spinach from broth and discard broth.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with vegetable spray.
- Lay a tortilla on a clean flat surface. Layer it with 2 tablespoons of seasoned chicken, 1 tablespoon of spinach and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Roll tortilla up and place seam side down on tray.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spray tortillas with vegetable spray. Bake in oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.