Chicken and Broccoli Salad with Rice Noodles
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Introducing a flavorful Asian take on the classic pairing of chicken and broccoli. Quick and easy to prepare, it’s also low in fat and calories, as well as a great source of protein.
- 1 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Breasts, sliced in half horizontally to create two chicken breast fillets and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces dry rice noodles, broken in half
- ½ cup Asian salad dressing
Saturated Fat: 1g
- In a 3-quart saucepot, bring to a boil 1 quart of water and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add noodles and cook for 6 minutes. Drain cooked noodles. Rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 6 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature reaches 165°F. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw, red cabbage, bell pepper strips, cilantro, noodles, chicken and dressing. Toss to evenly coat ingredients.
- Chill and serve.