Chicken Chickpea Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Want something healthy and delicious but don’t have a lot of time? This Chicken Chickpea Salad can be whipped up in just 20 minutes. Or, refrigerate overnight and brown-bag your lunch. Try it in pita halves – something fun for the whole family.
- 2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillet, sliced in half horizontally to create four fillets
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups seedless cucumber, peeled, ¼" sliced and quartered
- 1 (10-ounce) package cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 3 ounces feta cheese
Saturated Fat: 3g
- Mix 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, paprika and oregano in a small bowl. Season chicken and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix chickpeas, 5 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breast fillets. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and cut into 1" pieces.
- Add cooked chicken to chickpea mixture. Mix well.
- Add cheese. Mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.