Chicken and Pasta Carbonara
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Bring the taste of Italy into your home with this easy dish. Just mix our chicken breasts with linguine and add some Italian flare to create a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cut crosswise at an angle, ¼-inch thick
- 8 ounces dry linguine
- 6 Slices of bacon cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen green peas
Saturated Fat: 13g
- Cook pasta in an 8-quart stockpot according to package directions omitting the salt.
- Cook bacon in a 5 quart sauce pot over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken to bacon drippings and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Add chicken broth, milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and peas. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until cream cheese has completely melted.
- Combine the cooked linguine with the chicken.
- Stir and serve.