Prep Time: 20 minutes plus marinates overnight
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Put a delicious Middle Eastern recipe on the table, anytime of the year. Start with the savory yogurt marinade, cook in the grill and serve up on pita bread.
- 6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Thigh Fillets
- 1 (6-ounce) carton Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chicken shawarma seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- metal skewers
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cut chicken thighs into portions that are about 1½ x 2 inches.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shawarma seasoning blend, salt, allspice and paprika. Add chicken, coating well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Thread chicken onto metal skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the temperature of the chicken reaches 165° F.