Grilled Chicken and Chorizo Skewers
Prep Time: 40 minutes (50 minutes if using wooden skewers)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Chorizo sausage adds a flavorful twist to traditional grilled chicken skewers. Assemble skewers with alternating ingredients – chicken, chorizo, bell peppers and onions – then just fire up the grill. Cumin aioli makes the perfect dipping sauce.
- 3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 to 1½-inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 to 1½-inch pieces
- 2 Vidalia onions, cut into 1 to 1½-inch wide slices
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- Vegetable oil
- Cumin aioli (recipe follows)
- Chopped parsley (optional)
|Saturated Fat: 9g
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to assembling skewers.
- Heat grill.
- In a small bowl, mix chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix red and yellow bell peppers and onions with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Assemble the skewers alternating ingredients.
- Brush grill grates with vegetable oil. Grill chicken skewers on medium heat for 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with cumin aioli.
- Sprinkle parsley to garnish.
For the cumin aioli:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin powder (or to taste)
- Mix all together and chill at least 30 minutes to let flavors develop.