Grilled Chicken and Hummus Pitas
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Great combination of Mediterranean flavors: marinated chicken breast with zesty lemon combined with creamy hummus, tangy yogurt and crisp fresh cucumbers and tomatoes.
- 2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 whole wheat pita halves
- 6 tablespoons prepared hummus, divided
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomato
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 12 tablespoons plain low fat yogurt, divided
|Saturated Fat: 3g
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breast fillets in a small sealable plastic bag. Pour olive oil mixture in bag with chicken. Mix well and seal. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush grill grate with oil.
- Preheat grill for 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken on one side for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and grill for 5 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Dice cooked chicken into ½" dices.
- To assemble each chicken pita:
spread 1 tablespoon hummus inside pita bread
spoon 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped tomato, chopped cucumbers
top with 2 tablespoons yogurt