Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Pineapple Sriracha Glaze
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Bring the flavor of Hawaii to your table tonight with this quick and easy recipe for grilled chicken drumsticks with a sweet and spicy glaze.
- 10 Sanderson Farms® Drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup pineapple preserves
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
Saturated Fat: 6g
- To season drumsticks, pull skin back and season with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt. Place skin back over the drumsticks. Coat with olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- To make the glaze, combine pineapple preserves, pineapple juice, Sriracha sauce and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until glaze is smooth. Pour glaze into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Turn heat off and cool.
- Heat grill to medium-high. If using charcoal, make sure the coals are placed so there is a cool side of the grill.
- Place chicken on the grill. Grill for 6 minutes or until you have a good sear on all sides. Lower heat to medium, or if using charcoal, move the chicken to the cooler side of the grill. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, turn drumsticks and cover again. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. Drumsticks should be 180°F or until the juices run clear.
- Brush glaze onto chicken before removing from the grill.