Hoisin Glazed Roast Chicken
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
When planning a dinner party, keep in mind that roasted chicken is a fool-proof key to a successful soiree. We’re giving you the road map to create tender chicken with notes of Asian flavors enhanced by garlic and cilantro.
Saturated Fat: 10g
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix water and Hoisin sauce together and set aside.
- Place chicken in 9x13 baking pan.
- Place ginger, onion, garlic, cilantro, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to blend ingredients and place into chicken cavity.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Tie the drumsticks together with kitchen twine.
- Roast chicken for 1 ½ hours until the internal temperature reaches 170°F in the breast and 180°F in the thigh or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and brush Hoisin mixture onto the chicken. Return to oven for 10 minutes to set glaze.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes.
- Scrape the pan drippings from roasting pan into a measuring cup or fat separator, pour fat off, and then pour the juices into a bowl.
- Carve chicken, ladle pan juices over carved chicken pieces and serve.