Lemon Chicken Kabobs
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Create a succulent chicken dish that feeds an entire family.
- 3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into 2" x 1" cubes
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1½" x 1½" cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1½" x 1½" cubes
- olive oil for drizzling on chicken
- In a small bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt and olive oil.
- Place garlic on cutting board. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over garlic, chop together finely and mash with side of knife to create a paste.
- Add garlic-salt mixture to bowl with lemon zest mixture and mix.
- Place chicken cubes and lemon zest mixture in a resealable plastic bag. Coat chicken well with marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Soak onions in water 15 minutes. Drain. Can also use metal skewers.
- Skewer 5 chicken cubes per skewer starting with chicken, alternating with two onion cubes, chicken, a red bell pepper cube and ending with a chicken cube.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Grill chicken 2 minutes per side to create brown grill marks on chicken.
- Place grilled chicken skewers on a small baking pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle lemon chicken kabobs with olive oil. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 15 minutes or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 165°F.