Sweet Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Sweet honey, lemon zest, savory rosemary, onion and garlic give this dish extra flavors and irresistible aromas. It’s the perfect meal solution for any occasion.
- 3 Sanderson Farms® Split Chicken Breasts
- 8 cups cold water
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Marinate 4 to 24 hours.
Saturated Fat: 10g
- To prepare brine, in a large plastic food safe container, dissolve salt in water. Place chicken in brine and marinate in refrigerator for at least four hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove chicken from brine. Discard brine.
- In a bowl, mix garlic salt, rosemary, onion powder, lemon zest and black pepper. In a separate bowl, combine the honey and olive oil. Set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Coat the rack with vegetable spray.
- With a knife make two slits, about a ¼ inch deep, into the skin of each breast. Coat chicken with seasoning blend.
- Place chicken skin side down on the rack. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Brush chicken with honey mixture. Turn chicken over, skin side up. Place pan back in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush chicken with the honey oil mixture.
- Cook for 10 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°F or until the juices run clear.