- Provides leadership in the management and administration of the live Production Division.
- Provides consultation and direction necessary to enable department heads to meet their operational objectives.
- Assists the Division Manager in developing and carrying out strategic plans and programs in the Production Division.
- Supervises and directs the programs and activities of department heads.
- Evaluates the continuing effectiveness of broiler production operations by assessing the short and long term results of production strategies and practices.
- Ensures the successful implementation and coordination of production.
- Assists department heads in formulating budgets and goals and ensures their compatibility with overall division goals.
- Assists the Division Manager in formulating and overseeing development of short and long range strategic plans for broiler production.
- Clarifies and works toward explicit understanding of Sanderson Farms’ policies and objectives.
- Maintains high level awareness of trends in Broiler Production and communicates ideas to appropriate staff as well as the Division Manager.
- Represents Sanderson Farms in industry groups, governmental bodies as well as community groups.
- Performs other duties as required
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in Poultry Science or related areas or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Five years management experience in poultry production or equivalent experience.