- Supervises contract broiler growers in the production of quality, cost-efficient broilers using approved poultry husbandry practices.
- Performs administrative duties preparing and maintaining reports in the area of broiler production.
- Directs and persuades contract broiler growers to follow the approved broiler growing practices, maintaining farm facilities and growing broilers.
- Checks progress of broiler grow-out on each flock and makes timely corrections as good poultry husbandry suggest.
- Manages the learning and training experience of contract broiler growers to continually improve the knowledge and skills in successful broiler grow-out.
- Advises Broiler Manager as to broiler health issues and administers medications and vaccines prescribed by the Corporate Veterinarian.
- Pulls fat and blood samples from all flocks on a timely basis as required.
- Must manage medications and associated paperwork to provide timely and accurate inventories.
- Maintains a bio-security program on all farms.
- Maintains company animal welfare program as it pertains to broilers.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, science, business or related area or equivalent experience
- Experience: One year experience in poultry production preferred.