- Supervises employees of the Clean-Up Department to ensure the processing plant is ready for the next day’s operation.
- Maintains time records on personnel in this department.
- Reviews sanitation reports with USDA for specific or unusual tasks to be performed.
- Supervises employees of the Clean-Up Department to ensure all product in plant is properly put away before clean-up starts, assigns work stations and issues specific instructions.
- Checks equipment and chemicals to make sure all are operating correctly.
- Ensures employees are trained with compliance of all safety standards and procedures.
- Monitors labor, overtime, supplies, and chemical usage to ensure acceptable cost levels.
- Properly stores all materials used on shift at the end of the clean-up operation.
- Re-checks complex to ensure sanitation of all departments; ensures all equipment and water not being used is turned off correctly.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Academic: High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Experience in sanitation or related area.