- Supervises and coordinates production, sales and inventories.
- Provides leadership for first line supervisors to meet their strategic objectives.
- Supervises and maintains quality of product produced.
- Monitors plant housekeeping and the physical assets of the company.
- Monitors labor cost and overtime and assures proper staffing.
- Trains and provides leadership for supervisors.
- Controls supply waste and monitors packaging supply quality.
- Selects and terminates immediate subordinates.
- Assists division manager in making recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Creates and maintains a safe working environment.
- Keeps maintenance informed of mechanical problems and assures machinery is working properly.
- Plans daily production and coordinates production with sales.
- Responsible for yearly budget.
- Counsels all subordinates both salaried and hourly.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Academic: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Two or three years’ experience in a poultry processing, packing and shipping area or equivalent experience.