Asian Chicken and Brown Rice Salad
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Vibrant and colorful, this healthy salad is perfect as a side or main dish. It’s also a great way to use leftover rice to create a light, yet filling meal.
- 8 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenderloins, cut in half on the bias
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red pepper strips
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
Saturated Fat: 1g
- In a 12-in skillet, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Turn heat off and set chicken aside.
- In a large bowl, mix sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add brown rice, broccoli, red pepper strips, cole slaw mix, mint, green onions and chicken. Mix and toss to evenly coat ingredients.
- Chill and serve.