Balsamic Braised Chicken Thighs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
This Mediterranean-inspired recipe is light yet flavorful.
- 8 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can quartered artichokes, drained
- Rosemary sprigs (optional)
Saturated Fat: 10g
- Season chicken with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Heat a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Place chicken, skin side down in pan and brown for 4 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Drain pan.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil to pan. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, honey, Italian seasoning, olives and artichokes. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken to vegetables. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180°F or until the juices run clear.
- To serve, place chicken on a serving platter and ladle vegetables over chicken.