Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus marination time
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Classic southern chicken tenders are always better when made at home. This recipe is a great use of everyday ingredients and is simple to make.
- 14 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenders, cut in half diagonally
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Mix the buttermilk and 1 teaspoon seasoning salt in a bowl.
- Place chicken and buttermilk in a sealable plastic bag and toss tenders to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining seasoning salt, and black pepper.
- In a 12” x 2” deep skillet, heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Fry chicken tenders in three batches for 2 minutes on each side. The tenders should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.