Chicken and Grits
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Our take on a new southern favorite combines tender chicken smothered in cream sauce served over a bed of parmesan cheese grits. It’s ideal for any occasion, from family meals to dinner parties.
- 6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1½ teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cook grits
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
Saturated Fat: 12g
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning.
- Coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess. Reserve 3 tablespoons of flour for sauce.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add chicken to skillet, cooking for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add reserved flour to skillet and stir.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon of Creole seasoning, and parmesan cheese to skillet. Stir and bring sauce to a simmer. Add chicken back into skillet, cover and simmer for 6 minutes. Turn off heat.
- To prepare the grits, add water and salt to a 3-quart saucepot. Bring to a boil.
- Add grits to water and stir. Reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes, covered. Turn off heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- To serve, place chicken and sauce over grits and top with green onions.