Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Make it a fiesta tonight with chicken tacos made right at home. Start with skinless chicken thigh meat, add spices and veggies, and serve on heated tortillas – muy delicioso!
- 6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh Fillets, thinly sliced
- 1¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon or more to taste fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Saturated Fat: 2g
- Season chicken with 3/4 teaspoon salt, chili powder and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add red bell pepper. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add onions and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet. Add chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet. Stir.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon chicken mixture over heated tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro and lime juice.