Glazed Chicken Thighs with Apples
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Looking for a light yet filling weeknight meal? Our glazed chicken thighs mix perfectly with apples to create a sweet and savory taste that will please the whole table.
- 6 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Thighs
- ½ cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cooking apples, (Braeburn, Gala or Granny Smith)
- ½ cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
Saturated Fat: 8g
- Mix apple jelly and vinegar together until smooth and set aside.
- Slice apples into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Add 1 tablespoon of chicken broth to apples to prevent browning.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place chicken skin side down in pot. Brown chicken for 5 minutes per side. Turn off heat, remove chicken and set aside. Drain the oil leaving 1 teaspoon in the pan.
- Turn heat on to medium. Add onions and apples. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Place chicken on top of onion-apple mixture. Pour jelly mixture over chicken. Cook covered with lid tilted for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180°F.