Healthy Chicken Piccata
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
A great dish to serve at a dinner party. Easy preparation, quick and healthy.
- 4 Sanderson Farms® Thinly Sliced Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brined capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces dry whole wheat pasta, cooked
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess. Reserve 1 tablespoon of flour and mix with cornstarch.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in 12-inch non-stick skillet.
- Add chicken and cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook 3 more minutes to brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, capers and the flour and cornstarch mixture to the skillet. Stir with a whisk and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta and garnish with parsley.