Italian Herb Chicken Braciole
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
You can’t beat these pesto parmesan cream cheese-stuffed chicken breast filets. Simply serve over hearty marinara and enjoy.
Saturated Fat: 10g
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- To make the filling, combine the cream cheese, pesto, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Portion into 8 servings, about 2 tablespoons each.
- On a clean work surface, place one chicken breast fillet between two pieces of waxed paper and flatten using a meat mallet. Flatten until they are even, about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken on cutting board. Spread filling in the center of fillet to within ½-inch of the edge.
- Beginning at the wide end of the fillet, roll into a spiral. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes per side for a total of 6 minutes.
- Pour marinara sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Place chicken in pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.