Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Create a succulent chicken dish that feeds an entire family.
- 1 (6½ to 8 lb.) Sanderson Farms® Roasting Chicken
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 ribs of celery, halved
Saturated Fat: 12g
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix salt, black pepper, allspice and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove giblets from chicken.
- Rub seasoning mix on the chicken and inside the cavity. Tuck the wings.
- Place two quarters of the onion and two pieces of celery inside the cavity and tie the ends of the drumsticks together with cotton twine.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and add ½" water to the pan. Arrange the rest of the onion and celery around the chicken.
- Roast in preheated 400°F oven 2 hours, basting the chicken every 20 minutes with accumulated pan juices.
- The roaster is ready when the timer “pops up” or by easy movement in the leg joint and clear color in the juices.